Translate

  • English
  • Amharic

I sleep 2 hours a day... I enjoy seeing people happy because of me

I sleep 2 hours a day I enjoy seeing people happy because of me

Ethiopians in Sudan have been legally required to have a residence permit and have replaced it with a passport, but Ethiopians with passports are accused of being arrested for not having a residence permit (iqama) in a campaign.

Following the increase in the cost of living in Sudan and the increase in the number of unemployed Sudanese, the refugees stated that the pressure of the security forces of the Sudanese government on Ethiopians, Eritreans and refugees from other countries has increased.

Although the Ethiopian Embassy in Sudan charges $150 to issue and renew a new passport for students and adults, and $350 to issue a replacement for a lost passport; They state that citizens are facing problems because the service is not provided efficiently.

The commentator, who has a legal residence permit (iqama) and is an employee of an international institution in Khartoum, said that although she has a legal permit, she observes daily harassment by the security forces and among refugees in the city, and that the fee for issuing a legal permit has increased significantly.

Another resident of Khartoum, an Ethiopian, says that the influx of Ethiopians has happened before, but now the pressure is stronger on all foreigners. As the commenter points out, most Ethiopians do not have residence permits, so the pressure is on Ethiopians.

In August last year, she reported a new pattern of arrests and abuses against refugees. According to our source, who said the fine was 500,000 Sudanese pounds in the disbursement that started a week ago, he did not give a receipt for the payment.

Previously in 2014 In a new report, when Ethiopian refugees asked for protection from the embassy in Khartoum, they were told by the embassy officials that "we cannot do anything because our diplomacy is broken."

The Ethiopians in and around Khartoum who expressed their complaints about new style say that even though they have registered to issue passports, passports are not coming in enough numbers. According to Trading Economics report, Sudan's unemployment rate reached 22% in the first months of 2023.

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Have never given a testimonial like this before, but for any doubters, let me tell you DR WALE is the REAL DEAL! His work, time and advice are invaluable. I only wish I had found him sooner in my life!! I contacted DR WALE regarding a lost love. I was pretty much a mess and willing to try anything to get back my man. After my initial consultation with DR WALE, I moved forward with the work he recommended. Seeing lots of good and nice comment about him gave me lot of hope and confidence about him. truth be told i was happy i met DR WALE and his services worth the cost. after everything DR WALE did for me my boyfriend is now back with me. we're both happy with each other and even expecting our first child together. if you help just like me you can contact DR WALE WhatsApp/Viber: +2347054019402 OR Email: drwalespellhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete